viernes, 15 de octubre de 2010

El Pacto del Bosque



This Wednesday we launched "El Pacto del Bosque" (The Forest Pact), in Valladolid, in the book shop "Oletum". The author is Gustavo Martín Garzo, a very renowned author whose articles I've illustrated this year in "El Norte de Castilla".


The launch has been great. I've enjoyed a lot. Antonio Ventura, the publisher and good friend came from Madrid with his musketeers, Cristina and Sergio. There was a lot of media and we had a lot of little interviews and photos and there were a little microphone tangled up in my underwear. I get lucky nobody recorded my almost sreaptease trying to free myself from the little bug.

I'm very happy with the work itself. I hadn't seen the printed book yet and I was surprised with the great care it has been made. Sergio, who did the layout, told me that he had been in the printing workshop to be sure the printing was accurate and they had made color corrections, they've used a kind of smaller half-tone too, so it's one of the best printed books I've had.

I'll upload some of the illustrations to my portfolio, but in the meantime, in the publisher page there's a kind of application which allows you to see the first pages of the book. Here:

http://www.edicioneseljineteazul.com/web.php?seccion=catalogo&idioma=es&id=16

As illustrating is a kind of lonely job, I enjoy immensely these moments, the chances to talk with people who loves making beautiful books. This is the first big format picture book for a new publishing house, "El Jinete Azul" (The blue raider). The owner is Antonio. He has decided to begin this adventure out of love for books. It takes a lot of courage doing it now. I hope he has a lot of success.

No hay comentarios: